Accelerated Rehabilitation Disposition
When you’re charged with your first DUI in Pennsylvania, you may be presented with an alternative to the normal criminal court cases. The Accelerated Rehabilitation Disposition Program is given mostly to first time offenders who, aside from the initial infraction, have been law abiding citizens up until then. Having an experienced attorney like Edward Nicholson on your side will give you the best chance of being eligible for ARD.
Mandatory Conditions of ARD for a DUI Offense
• Mandatory license suspension as indicated.
• Restitution to any person who suffered a financial loss.
• Payment of any other fee, surcharge or cost required by law including fees for AHSS, evaluation and treatment.
• Any other condition established by the Court.
• Alcohol Highway Safety School
• Probation supervision of a minimum of 6 months up to a maximum of 12 months.
• Full D&A Assessment, if BAC .16 or greater or if CRN Profile report indicates the need for further evaluation for D&A counseling or treatment.
Free Case Reviews
Defending Your Rights
Are you eligible?
A DUI offense is eligible for ARD under the following circumstances.
•It is a first offense within ten years.
• No person, other than the offender, was killed or seriously injured.
• There was no passenger in the offender’s vehicle under the age of 14 at the time of the offense
Mandatory License Suspension for ARD is as follows:
• No suspension if BAC is under .10% and offender is not a minor.
• A suspension of 30 days if BAC .10% to <.16%.
• A suspension of 60 days if BAC .16% or greater, BAC unknown, DUI involving drugs or violations of Implied Consent.
• A suspension of 90 days if the offender is a minor.
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Copyright Law Office of Edward Nicholson. All rights reserved.
One Oxford Center 301 Grant Street, Suite 4300 Pittsburgh PA 15219